Saturday, April 7, 2012

DAY 40 MAN OF SORROWS (video)





------------------------

The Purpose Driven Life - Finding Your Purpose

CHAPTER 40 - LIVING WITH PURPOSE

Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing. 

Most people struggle with three basic issues in life. The first is identity: "Who am I?" The second is importance: "Do I matter?" The third is impact: "What is my place in life?" The answers to all three questions are found in God's five purposes for you. (See Day 39 post)

It's easy to drift away from what matters most and slowly get off course. To prevent this, you should develop a purpose statement for your life and then review it regularly. 

WHAT IS A LIFE PURPOSE STATEMENT? 
  • It's a statement that summarized God's purposes for your life 
  • It's a statement that points the direction of your life
  • It's a statement that defines "success" for you 
  • It's a statement that clarifies your roles
  • It's a statement that expresses your shape
LIFE'S FIVE GREATEST QUESTIONS

1. What will be the center of my life?

2. What will be the character of my life?

3. What will be the contribution of my life? 

4. What will be the communication of my life? 

5. What will be the community of my life? 

Point to Ponder: Living with purpose is the only way to really live

Verse to Remember: "For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation." Acts 13:36 (NASB)

Question to Consider: When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's five great questions? When will I put my purpose on paper? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a question or comment!